- Universal slate vent designed to be used with natural slates
- Grille and back box style vent incorporates a round felt sleeve to penetrate felt
- Provides 8000mm2 of ventilation
Full installation details are available on request from the Technical Department.
Universal Slate Vent Technical Data
|Spacing to give continuous ventilation
5mm at 1.6m spacing
10mm at 800mm spacing
Installation: Cowl or Roofline Vents for Slate Roof
- Complete roofing to one course below the position for the slate vent.
- Hold vent in position as centrally as possible between the rafters and mark where the vent spigot touches the underlay. For 500mm x 250mm slates only - cut and remove section of batten.
- Cut underlay in a cross, fold up and back, nail over battens.
- Cut slates for next course below vent.
- Fit slate vent and nail to batten.
- Cut slates for next course (not for 600mm x 300mm roofline vents).